The current resident of this shotgun has been here since 1964 when this house was a traditional three-room shotgun with the kitchen in the back and no indoor plumbing facilities. Originally, there was a row of four identical shotguns here, all built c. 1910, and later owned by landlords Mannie and Ethel Brash. When the neighbor's shotgun burned down, this house was enlarged with an addition on the north side. In the next block north, there were shotguns and several clubs - Sunset, Seven Seas and Red Top - where people from Apalach, Carrabelle and Port St. Joe came to eat, listen to music and dance. These streets were packed with their cars.